Membership of Reflect
Come and Join us!
Membership Secretary - e-mail: email@example.com or see the Contact page for other contacts.
Membership is open to individuals, churches and centres.
The current annual subscriptions are:
- Full member £22.00
- Couple £25.00
- Concessionary rate £17.00
- Communities £30.00
Membership of the Retreat Association
Membership of Reflect automatically includes membership of the Retreat Association, an ecumenical organisation which aims to help people find ways of exploring and deepening their journey with God through spirituality and prayer.
On behalf of its members the Retreat Association works in the following areas:
- Offers individual, appropriate and impartial advice to whoever contacts the national office, whatever their background or belief - ranging from experienced practitioners in the field to those at a time of crisis seeking support and advice.
- Enables people to find a spiritual director or mentor in their local area.
- Encourages and supports the ministry of spiritual direction through training conferences, maintaining a list of local spiritual direction courses and developing the first set of National Guidelines in Spiritual Direction in 2016.
- Provides a range of resources (including the Retreats handbook) - a comprehensive website, leaflets and packs to help people discover and deepen their faith journey.
- In partnership with retreat centres, facilitates regional training days to enable members to offer their local community the opportunity to find space for reflection.
- Facilitates a 3-day national conference every 3 years for some 300 members, retreat house wardens, leaders, spiritual directors and other practitioners, to enable an exchange of good practice and expertise.
- Develops partnerships with people working in an environment where the need for reflection and a safe space may be more significant e.g. offering retreats to inner city young people.
- Works imaginatively to make retreats and spiritual direction more accessible to all through its annual Stop in the Name of God weekend.
Membership of Reflect helps to support the Retreat Association in all these areas of work.
Editor: Pearl Luxon.
Sent to members twice a year. Contact us to request future editions.
The editor would value contributions such as book reviews, comments on retreats, photographs, poems and other creative responses or links to articles or blogs.